The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology reports more than 50 million people suffer from allergies each year. Principle Health Systems’ blood allergy testing helps physicians identify which allergens trigger a patient’s allergy symptoms. An allergy develops because the immune system produces immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies specific to an allergen a patient is exposed to. The next time they are exposed, the allergen will react with these antibodies, triggering an allergic reaction. With our allergy test results, physicians can work with patients to find effective treatments to manage allergy-related symptoms, as well as reduce or eliminate the risks of severe allergic reactions.
Benefits of Blood Testing:
- Patients will not have to discontinue taking medications that could interfere with skin testing (i.e. antihistamines)
- Physicians can have difficulty reading skin test results on patients with skin conditions, such as psoriasis, dermatitis, or eczema
- Physicians can have difficulty reading skin test results on patients with dark skin
- Single blood draw is preferred for infants and small children over numerous skin pricks
- Low to zero risk of an adverse reaction to another type of allergy testing, unlike with skin testing
Testing is Recommended for Patients With the Following Symptoms:
- Itchy eyes, nose and throat
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Hives, itchiness or other skin conditions
- Abdominal pain or diarrhea after eating certain foods
- Severe reactions to insect stings
- Severe allergic-type reactions
We Test for the Following Allergies:
- Dust Mites
Comprehensive Laboratory Testing
Principle Health Systems’ comprehensive laboratory testing options help physicians bridge the gap between the inner workings of a patient’s body and the creation of the right treatment plan so that both the provider and the patient can reach defined health targets. Our testing aids physicians in the early diagnosis of health issues, making it vital that patients continue testing throughout a treatment plan so physicians can keep them on the right path to optimal health and wellness. At Principle Health Systems, we strive to provide superior service and quickly return test results to help physicians make informed decisions that positively impact their patients’ treatment.
Comprehensive Laboratory Testing establishes a baseline for health and wellness and detects nutritional deficiencies. It helps physicians evaluate how well organs like kidneys, liver, thyroid, and heart are functioning, and diagnoses diseases and conditions such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, anemia, and coronary heart disease. It also measures red and white blood cell counts and cholesterol levels.
Our available testing panels include:
WELLNESS PANEL CBC, CMP, Lipid Panel, A1C, Iron, TIBC, Cortisol, DHEA-s, Ferritin, Folate, SHBG, T3 Free, T4 Free, FSH, Testosterone Total, TSH, PSA (MEN), Prolactin (WOMEN), Progesterone (WOMEN)
CHEMISTRY BMP Panel, CMP Panel, Hepatic Liver Function Panel, Amylase, Bilirubin Direct, Creatine Kinase, Iron, LDH, Lipase, Magnesium, Phosphorous, TIBC, Uric Acid
HEMATOLOGY CBC, Ferritin, Folate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
HORMONE Cortisol, DHEA-s, Estradiol, FSH, HGH, LH, Pregnenolone, Progesterone, Prolactin, PSA, PTH, SHBG, Testosterone: Free & Total
CARDIOVASCULAR APO A, APO B, Homocystine, LDH, Lipid Panel, LP(A)
THYROID TSH: Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, T3 & T4: Free & Total
DIABETES C-Peptide, Glucose, Hemoglobin A1C, Insulin
MISCELLANEOUS Acute Hepatitis Panel, ANA, RF, ESR, Urinalysis, Urine Culture, Microalbumin
Urine and Oral Fluid Toxicology
Principle Health Systems (PHS) provides physicians with superior service and quick processing to produce accurate results, leading to informed decisions and a positive impact on patient treatment.
PHS offers the convenience of either Urine or non-invasive Oral Swab testing for patients uncomfortable or unable to provide urine samples. Both methods are processed with an innovative LC-MS/MS technology to deliver accurate, drug-specific results.
Our proprietary testing is designed to improve decision-making and help doctors:
- Monitor and support choices about medication therapy (controlled substances)
- Detect recent use of both prescription and non-prescription medications, nicotine and illicit substances.
- Detect medications that may result in adverse multi-drug interactions.
We are committed to improving patient outcomes by providing optimal, personalized medication plans. Contact us here for more information.